Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another premium cat food review

I had been bargain hunting for past several days and found some very nice things for Minna and myself (Sorry Sweet Parline, I didn't participate in sixth photo meme). I will share my finds for Minna this week and I hope her friends will find them useful too.


The first one is Orijen Cat and Kitten Formula. Similar to EVO (see my other premium cat food review), it is high-protein (45%), low-carb & grain-free. Not only it is steam-cooked at low temperature, it is also made with fresh ingredients without chemical preservatives. Minna loves this because the first two ingredients are deboned chichen and chicken meal. The one in the picture is 0.88 lb trial size for $2.49 and it can be purchased at natural food stores for pets.


The second one is Felidae Cat & Kitten Formula and it's made with four human grade meat meals. This is NOT a low-carb cat food, it has 32% of protien and 20% of fat but no corn, wheat, soy, grain fractions or fillers. I will say this one comes head to head with Innova cat food (see my other review). Felidae has stronger smell of fish compares to Innova. For any cats that love fishy smell will love this one (Minna likes chicken so she prefers Innova).

BTW, this brand is sold at independent pet stores only and I think this is a great way to support local business.

No comments: